Thursday, May 9, 2013

# 30 Remodeling, Repairs and Maintenance Complete...

After 18 days of camping at Alliance Coach, we are finally leaving.   We have completed our list of items we wanted to accomplish.  It took awhile and it wasn't cheap but we are very happy with the results.  Ronnie feels real good about the maintenance issues he wanted and we had a few necessary repairs that had to be done as well.  Our main goal was the TV cabinet remodel and that was a complete success.
This is the "before" picture.


We think master carpenter "Charlie" did an excellent job..  
  I had one item on my wish list and that was a new floor in the living area.  It just happen to work out that I even got that too.



Not the best photo, but it gives you an idea. 
 We met several interesting couples while we were here too.  Our camphosts were from Kinston, NC.  One couple we met was from Buies Creek, NC.  Two other couples we met were from Rocky Mount, NC.  I even met a couple from Florida and she and I worked on our blogs together. They had a big cat named Peanut that weighed 21 pounds!  Three other couples I met were full-timing couples and they had lived in their motorhomes for 10 years or more.  A few of the people we met had lost their spouses yet were continuing their travels.  I learned a lot from the people I had conversations, weather it was about motorhome issues, full-timing or just about any other topic you could imagine.  I was amazing to me to see all walks of life come through the lounge area and we all had something in common...our coaches were in that back warehouse being serviced.  Misery loves company I guess.....


We plan to go back to Coats, NC to see my Mom for a night or two and then drive on to Christiansburg, VA to visit with Ronnie's Mom, his sister and brother-in-law.

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! Love the new floor! I know you're glad to have that all behind you. 18 days. Wow! Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete